Sunday, September 7, 2014

SBG is going to be much better this year

I've just graded my first SBG quiz this year, I think I have made some big improvements. The first is using a nice rubric, I like this one I found on Sam Shah's site.  Last year, I was doing a hybrid of taking off points like I used to and SBG.  It was okay, but it wasn't great.  I think a clear rubric of how I define mastery will result in a much better conversation between the students and myself and a clearer path to learning for them.

We have changed our Common Core Algebra 1 class slightly, so I changed the list of standards, click here for the new one.

Each standard appears in class three times over three consecutive weeks, if they want to retake it after that, they need to submit a Google form which alerts me with an email.  This form shows me which of the retake requirements they have chosen.


Most of these items can be found on my Practice by Standard page, shown here

No comments:

Post a Comment